Thursday, August 2, 2007

Brighter side of the evening


These kids crack me up. So tonight was their final night at camp and they have a pizza party and get their tshirts and it's just mass chaos. The kids always do their dances, you just kinda have to be here to understand. If you know the songs you will know what I mean but they sing and dance to "Little Sally Walker" and "Ride That Pony". If you are thinking that is an odd thing to see a bunch of carmel type kids do you would be right. They also do these dances after every competition.

Well anyway after they do that and get their shirts they break out the music and start dancing in ernest. There is a group of african american kids that could really put together a very good step team if they wanted to. I think that would be great to have in the parking lot after a band competition at oh let's say Carmel. :) They try to get me to dance with them and I decline until I show them the ultimate white man dances. If you have ever seen me do these you can only imagine the look on their faces. My favorite will always be the sprinkler.

Tomorrow is our last day here at camp and as much as I had a miserable time dealing with Special K and all that shit I really did enjoy my time with the students. They really do make up for the rest of it and then some. So I guess we get a sorta happy ending out of all of this.

No comments: