Thursday, August 9, 2007

How do you keep a straight face?


Today was lovely... I went in to work around 8 which was nice and the time the parents said they would be there to start uniform fittings. If you haven't guessed that is not the time they got there. It was more like 9. I started to get mad but really why. It actually was a good thing to make me be there. I am going to have to be there around 6:30 tomorrow.uhhhggg. I know I could have worse schedules by this is like college karma coming to bite me in the ass. Aside from the parents asking me questions every five minutes it wasn't that bad. It again could have been worse. They are actually funny they love working with each other but come to me to bitch about each other. I laugh.

I left around 12:30 to get lunch I was planning on just heading out getting it and coming back but I ran into another teacher. One I actually like. She started teaching art at the same time I started at there. She is the hott teacher. Yes I meant to have 2 t's there. If I were straight I would never be able to talk to her, I would constantly be flustered around her. I would consider switching for her. Her husband is equally hottt. He's got that rugged bald hot muscle guy thing going for him. But I digress. So we sat and had lunch together. I love her to death if I were ever to make friends with anyone at school it would be her. She is very funny and we hate the same people. That quality always endears people to me.

Well because I didn't plan on staying to eat I was late getting back to monitor the kiddies getting their pictures taken. It was better than I thought we had actual jobs to do and not just stand around and make sure they don't set anything on fire. Which is usually what we do for these kinds of things. After that was all done I wondered back over to the music building and listened to some parents rant about kids not being able to hang their pants correctly. That doesn't bother me as much as them just not hanging them up at all. As soon as the mom who was wanting me to give detentions for improperly hung pants another mom the one in charge of the uniforms looked at me and asked. "How can you sit there and listen to these people with a straight face?" I wanted to say the same way I do with you. But I didn't, it would have been true though. She is probably the worst one but she gets things done and I have dealt with much worse parents in the past. As long as they don't assault or threaten the kids then we are golden.

So off to Chicago tomorrow. Going up for market days. This is my last weekend trip for the summer. I honestly am done for a while with trips. especially when they are weekenders.

Sidebar: Kudos to me for getting my ass to the gym after teacher detention yesterday and today. I am so afraid that once school starts I will just stop going. I have made some great strides in making this a routine I would hate for it to stop. I think the earliest I will get back to the gym will be Sunday. So here is hoping.

Have a good weekend all.

No comments: