Sunday, August 19, 2007

Boobs to the left of me Boobs to the right.


Now as many of you may or may not know I am not a fan of bars. I am even less a fan of seedy bars. The 10 in Indianapolis is one I would call seedy. The fact that you have to be wanded before entering tipped me off. But when Xena said she wanted to go there for her 30th I said sure. Of course there was one caveat to all of this; I had to be pretty damned drunk before we got there. And I was. We started the evening with dinner at the Rathskellar. If you have never been and like German food this is a place to go. Great food, great beer and in great sizes. I had two, yes two 32 oz beers. Very tasty. After we spent some time there we wondered down to the Metro and proceeded to drink more. I had moved on to my dear friend Jack of Jack and Coke fame, his friend coke was also there. We had a grand time. Xena's sister had invented a shot called the Molicious and it was. This shot consisted of Southern Comfort, Peach Schnapps and OJ. It was quite tasty and could really sneak up on you if you have too many.

At the metro we met up with some people Xena knew and they were fun and they were also heading to the 10 so we all traveled together. Upon getting to the 10, after the pat down I continued my relationship with Jack. Now the 10 is not only a seedy bar but it is a lesbian bar. I like lesbians some of my best friends are lesbians but don't mess with angry lesbians and that is what the 10 is mostly made up of. I tried to avoid eye contact and just went about my business. At this point in the evening everything became a blur. A few points did stand out, the well lit bathroom for one. If you have never experienced bathrooms at a gay bar let me tell you light is not their friend. It's like the place is serving Mogwais (the cute furry things from the movie "Gremlins"). So when I walked into a lesbian bar bathroom and it was so well lit I was a bit stunned. In my drunken state I believe I commented on this very loudly while in there. Thankfully it was empty, because, well it's a lesbian bar. I really lost count as to how much I was drinking. Xena was sober and staying that way and driving me home so I knew I would be taken care of. The second thing of note was that I believe I was hit on. Honestly I am not sure I don't remember the conversations and they were nice guys so my apologies go out to the two nice gentlemen who talked to me. The last thing and boy was it a doosey was the wet t-shirt contest. It wasn't the contest itself but the girl behind us who prepped for it by taking her shirt then her bra off and standing naked from the waist up in the middle of the bar. I saw breasts. Straight men would have killed to see these. As far as breast go I believe these to be good ones. I honestly didn't care but damn really in a bar. Granted I have seen worse displays before but I wasn't prepared for that. BTW she won the contest.

I don't know what time I got home but I just dropped in my bed and woke around 11 the next day, wishing I had died in my sleep. I really had a good time and didn't get shived even better.

No comments: