Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Consumer Report

If you are ever in the market for a printer or a combo printer, scanner, copier, fax let me tell you. Do not be enticed by the low low price of Lexmark. If you are not aware of this truly craptastic product please avoid at all cost. The minor annoyances aside I find this to be a substandard product at best. By minor annoyances I refer to the fact the printer likes to talk, wait it's more like yelling in a robotic tone "Printing Started", "Printing complete" I mean seriously I don't know how many times I have jumped because of that damned thing. I also find it annoying that you can so easily change the language and have some Swedish woman yelling at me in a language I don't speak.

But the one aspect of this product that I find the most annoying is that even if you have the software for this product loaded on your computer if you have to switch between computers or ever have to disconnect it. The next time you plug it back in you must uninstall and reinstall the program every goddamned time. As soon as I get some money together I believe I will be recreating a scene from Office Space. If you know the movie you know what I mean. "PC load letter? What the fuck is PC load letter?"

If anyone has a suggestion on a good printer I am all ears.

No comments: