Monday, September 17, 2007

For the record

Really funny I was talking to Mom and she was telling that a friend of ours was saying that he thought I was going on more dates than I was willing to tell. Because I didn't want to be thought of as having too many first dates. To that I say hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I wish I had that kind of rep. In fact I am not dating, have not been dating nor will be in the foreseeable future. Not that I am against it I am just not in a place where I am having them beating down my door. Neither am I really out there trolling if you will. I have never been a very motivated dater. Only once in my life have I ever pursued a reluctant suitor. I usually take people on their word that they are not interested or really on their sideways glances for I never approach. I once did it took like 3 hours and 6 drinks to do so. I do better when I have no expectations and do real desire. I did get hit on up in Chicago during pride but nothing came of it we just danced we didn't even kiss, it was all very Victorian.

I laugh because last night I watched "Bridget Jones' Diary" and my favorite line is at the beginning "Unless something changed soon I was going to live a life where my major relationship was going to be with a bottle of wine. And I would finally die fat and alone and found three weeks later, half eaten by wild dogs or I was about to turn into Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction" Being 32 and struggling with weight and probably drinking more than I should I feel very much like that. But worry not gentle readers I am not ready to off myself just yet. But to get back to the point no I am not dating if I were I would guarantee that those dates would be excellent fodder for this blog. I am sure when I run out of things to write about I will start dating again.

No comments: