Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dear Ms. Manners


I have a question of etiquette. A few months ago I started up an online conversation with a young gentleman that I found attractive. We had even conversed off line in public and then something changed. I am not sure as to what occurred to cease conversation, but it has happened in the past and I let it go. I found that this young man had blocked me from websites we had used to talk and ignoring me on other sites. At this point I didn't care. What I do find perplexing and what brings me to my question of etiquette. When I see this young man in public he is always eager to say hi and almost get flirty at times. I find this behavior to be a bit two faced and irritating. So here is my question. I am obligated to return flirty behavior or can I be rude and cold which is my first instinct. Ok probably shouldn't be rude but do I need be cordial?

Yours truly,

Blown Off (but not in a good way)

No comments: