Sunday, September 16, 2007

yea for raises


Friday was my first paycheck at a higher pay and insurance. It was rather nice. The extra income will be rather nice. But it really makes me think of how some people do it on less and we talk about the working poor and those people who are one paycheck away from really bad times. I can see it, especially when they don't have a support system. Over the years since college I have always had my parents there to help me out when they could and when I needed it. The amount of stress lifted by the thought of not really needing that if something happened, like an illness or the need for other large ticket items like a car or the like. It's really being insured that has lifted the stress the most. Though I am in good health I look at my family medical history and its like walking through a mine field with clown shoes. Brother with a defibrillator, one with crones another with diabetes, heart disease rampant and cancer and diabetes in a good 3rd of the family. So one might see why going uninsured is a bit nerve racking. Ah well now I can go when I feel ill or before. A little security in life but really makes me feel worse about all those without that kind of support. But for one day I choose to be happy about my situation. Tomorrow I will go back to worry about the other 40 million that are living without coverage.

No comments: