Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ok Side rant

Not really a rant so much as baffled. I am not much of a hug type person. Now there are some exceptions. People I have known for more than 10 years I am good for a hug but only if I know they are a hug type person. Usually a hello and maybe a handshake and we are good. I will never push anyone away. Well I shouldn't say that there might be a few people in the world I would but I would never get close enough for them to initiate a hug situation. With all that said I hate people in the gay community that meet and greet everyone with a hug and a kiss. They will also say goodbye that way. Are we European? I would never presume that someone would want me to touch them. Especially if I didn't know them very well. So while chatting online a random person struck up a conversation which was all well in good. Kind of boring but you know it's better than somethings that have been purposed over the Internet to me so I can't complain. Well it was all fine and good until I went to sign off and got a *hugs* from the guy. Maybe I am cynical (maybe???) but I can't stand that crap. When you don't know someone. It implies that if we were in public they would have expected or tried to hug me. The thought just makes me shudder a bit. Which I guess brings me to my point, what the hell has happened to personal boundaries? I am also galled by people who are offended that after a 20 minute conversation, where I am most likely looking for an escape route, I don't want to hug them or become remotely physical with them. It's not like I came from a family that didn't hug. We did my moms side of the family did all them time. You couldn't leave the room without hugging my grandma Russell. And like I said with people I know and am comfortable with I don't mind it. It's just total strangers I can't deal. Ah well psychos make the world turn I guess.

No comments: