Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Now where was I...?

Oh Right the Drinking.

So Saturday I got up very early To Print off a final list for the parade only the Printer I should have replaced a year ago was being a problem. My apartment became a shambles in my trying to locate the install disk. After an hour of looking I because so angry I recreated this scene from "Office Space"


Yes boys and girls I destroyed my printer in a fit of anger and tossed it's remains in the dumpster behind the building. So after getting my morning started right I ran to a friends office to print off the list and headed to the parade site. I got everything off and all went well from what I could tell. For me it went fine because I look at it like falling down a flight of stair, you really can't do anything till you hit the bottom so best to just go limp. For me going limp was the flask of Jack I had in my backpack.

So with the parade behind me I could enjoy the day. I went to the Festival with Mom and we walked around snagged some beer from Blanche's cooler. Then I discover that with my parade badge I could into places others could not. This was nice. What was also nice was the realization that one pink ticket was good for one drink. Normally one ticket equals a $ and each drink is about five tickets. I was ecstatic to say the least. And when I took Mom up to get her signed in as a volunteer the girl gave me more tickets. Lets put it this way I received 15 tickets during the day when I pulled what was left out of my pockets I had 3 left. I had a bit to drink that day. In the excitement of free booze I forgot to reapply sunscreen and became very crispy. I did plan on going home taking a nap and then go out to the bars but the nap just sobered me up enough to realize the pain I was in. So I just took some advil and went back to bed.

Sunday I went to Brunch with ena and we did some shopping for her and then met FN at Metro for the T-Dance. It was fun I got to know some of the members of the Pride committee better and some how agreed to do the Pride Guide and the Parade for net year. I think I have a better handle on how things are done and I feel I can handle it. I should have just been envolved with a committee this year instead of jumping head long into it. I do better when I can spend one round observing. But it is what it is.

So that was my big gay week. In a nutshell.

Still relaing at home slowly putting things where I want them and can remember them.

No comments: