Friday, June 27, 2008

Mental note

When drunk do not do certain things. Last night was another fine example of me drinking more than I should especial when having so little to eat the day of said drinking. Though kudos for me to realize last night that I shouldn't drive to get food because I was way to drunk to actually drive. However while sitting on the back patio of the Metro last night I became aware that I had only eaten a little that day and decided I needed food. We were well passed the time that Metro served food and I knew I needed to eat. There are in fact no fast food places near my place and no place that served food this late. But O'Malia's was just a few blocks away. You know the old saying "Never shop for food when you are hungry." Well that goes double for being drunk and hungry. Before we get to that I must reflect with some humor at how I stumbled down Mass Ave and I mean stumbled. I know I tripped at least three times on my way to the store. To my credit it was because the sidewalks were uneven I could have done it sober... that is my story and I am sticking to it. I can only imagine the drunken mess I was as I left the Metro. I did have enough presence of mind to retrieve my card from the bar.

Anyway so drunk shopping. Yea, all I have to say is I believe my list of items will be example enough. Humus, deli chicken, olives, pringles, Frozen pizza, Tyson's popcorn chicken, and sour cream. I am not really sure what I was going to do with all of that, and I really don't know what I did with all of that. Before you get excited and think I ate it all I didn't. Everything was untouched except the humus and the pringles. I can only surmise that I sat and ate pringles dipped in humus. The only thing I really remember about the shopping experience was that I was saying "Oooooooooooo, I love (insert item here), I think I am going to bye that." Thank god there were not that many people in the store at the time.

There you are lesson learned. Please learn from my mistakes don't make them yourself.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Recipe for Drunken Casserole:

1. Chop up frozen Pizza
2. On second thought, put the knife down. Slowly! Now tear the pizza up.
3. Mix olives with hummus
4. Make alternating layers of the hummus, pizza, deli chicken and popcorn chicken is a casserole.
5. Ummm, on second though just throw it all in the casserole.
6. Take the deli chicken back out and remove the bones, and put it back.
7. After realizing it all will not fit in a small casserole, scoop it into a roasting pan.
8. Ummm, I don't think that is a roasting pan.
9. There you go.
10. Crush Pringles and put on top.
11. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes, or when you wake smelling smoke after having passed out on the couch.
12. Serve with sour cream.
13. On second thought, dump in trash and go to bed.

Unknown said...

14. Ignore all typos in the above recipe.

Maestro said...

Best recipe ever. You used to cook better than that. Is this what children do to your culinary skills?