Friday, June 20, 2008

I hate my body

So as I was walking to the gym, yep that's right I made 5 days this week and I still have the weekend, when I saw an older woman visibly short of breathe set her bags down and sit on the curb. I was too far away at the moment to do anything to help. I was going to see if she was ok but as soon as she sat down she pulled out a cigarette and lit up. Instead of checking to see if she was ok I wanted to stop and say, "You do realize that is why you are short of breath?" But I didn't I kept right on walking to the gym. I know breaking a habit is hard, but really when your health is being adversely effected I have to think one would try to change. I mean here I am, diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease runs in my family. Along with a myriad of other things. I see myself getting fat and out of shape and realizing that I am not terribly young anymore and I should do something about that. So I am I try to eat better, reduce stress, and get to the gym. I didn't purposefully move to a third floor apartment but I am glad I did. The exercises up the stairs is good plus when I open my windows I don't get street noise any more.

So speaking of opening windows, I have discovered something disturbing. The past few nights I have left the windows open when going to bed and have woken to congestion, sore throat, and watery eyes. I have been having this for a week and then I closed up yesterday and turned on the AC for a while and the symptoms went away. I have never had allergies but I think I do now I started noticing these things about 2 years ago. I hate how my body is changing and not giving me a heads up.

No comments: