Friday, February 1, 2008

I feel so butch

And I will tell you why. I like to keep up with my Alma Mater *Go Dawgs!* in basketball. I really don't follow any other sport, but College Basketball is where it is at for me. I come from a small midwestern liberal arts college and I never thought something like this could happen to... wait wrong story. As a small midwestern liberal arts university in a less then powerful conference we are labled part of the Mid Majors. I have no problem with that because for the most part our conference plays on a very different level then say a Big 12 school. I accept this and am fine with it. So I understand when we are underrated in comparison to the big dogs. However when it comes to the rankings with others of our kind I get a bit testy. We are currently 19-2 We have not lost to a Power Conference School all season. We have beat teams from the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten and some formidable teams like Southern Illinois. We are currently ranked 12th in major polls and we have an RPI of 23. With all that in mind...

Why I ask you, why are we ranked 2nd on the Mid-major poll. And who are we behind? Gonzaga. Fucking Gonzaga. I will give them proper respect they are a fine team and remain consistant over the years however this is not one of those years. Fo the most part every major conference team they have met they have lost to. They ar 15-5 (remember Bulldogs 19-2). They lost to Texas Tech (We beat Texas Tech). They are in a conference that ranks 12 (We are ranked 10th). They have an RPI of 34 (we are 23 see a trend here.) And they are ranked by ESPN at ... wait ESPN doesn't have them ranked, but wait surely the Associated Press must have them listed among the finest teams in the Nation... wait no no they don't either (umm hello number 12 over here.) OH ...oh... it gets better because you know who else is ranked St. Mary's. I think they are in the WWC, wait it'll come to me why is that important...Think.... Yes that's it Gonzaga is in the WCC too. But how can this be you must be asking yourself Gonzaga must be ranked higher then them it's Gonzaga after all. No because St. Mary's actually has a good non conference record and a better over all record (17-3). So why I ask you why for fuck sake would they be ranked above us. Everyone else seems to get it. Again they will receive a superior seat in the brackets come March and everyone will be shocked when they get upset by a 12 seed.

This rant has been brought to you by the letters F and U (collegeinsider.com those are for you). And Testosterone.

Haha
Titsworth
Haha

1 comment:

gu03alum said...

You are just jealous of Gonzaga. They call it Gonzaga Envy. See this article http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/usd/20080111-9999-1s11wcc.html