Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oh Come On

I knew it wasn't going to be. I have been fooled twice this semester. Not really fooled, because both times I knew it wasn't going to happen. Yes I am refering to snow days. The school was once again abuzz with thoughts of snow days. Those wonderful reprises from the daily grind, where one could stay curled up on the couch by a roaring fire and do absolutely nothing. I wouldn't have to plan the next days lesson because I would just use the one I had for the day I am I curled up. La la la. Alas it was not to be. In my heart of hearts I knew it was not going to happen. But it's nice to dream right.

In the spirit though I had gone to the store last night to get some essensials.
1. Popcorn for...
2. The movies I bought in anticipation
3. Some good green tea to sip all day long. (Don't look at me like that I am a homo after all.)
4. Ice Cream because I felt like it.
5. A frozen pizza because like hell I am going to really cook.
6. and the most important thing I would need for my day by the fire and tv. Duraflame logs. Because without a fire there would be no fire.

With all that in tow I knew it was going to be a balmy day. Well it wasn't quite balmy but it wasn't the blizzard of 78 or even a DQ blizzard...mmmm... Blizzard... Anyway.

So I get up this morning get ready waiting for that phone call that never came. I was surprisingly ok with that. What I wasn't ok with was the freezing mist I had on the way to work. I had my defrost on full and still it was freezing almost on impact. That was good times. Um not really. Today was a late start for me I was planning on being there at 7 but it was more like 7:08. The real problem was people calling me enroute. I was having visablity issues and sorta slick roads not to bad but bad enough I didn't want to chat. Plus before 8am I am really not good for phone conversation.

All in all it would have been nice to have had the day off but I am fine with how it all worked out. I have a free period maybe I will go to Starbucks...MMMM... Chai tea...



"I like a little Tai Chi with Chai Tea" -Lisa Simpson

No comments: