Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Partner???

So tonight a parent asked if I was ready for Ireland. I said I was and she followed it up with "Is your partner going?" The funny thing was I wasn't tripped up by the word partner but by the fact that she thought I was dating someone. I looked at her funny and she said "Or your "roommate"?" very wink wink nudge nudge. I said no I don't really have a roommate and then clarified that I wasn't dating and haven't been for years. I had to chuckle to myself. I am not out per say at work but I am not hiding anything either. I know how gossipy the the parents can be I would love to be a fly on the wall for some of the conversations about me. I think that is the first parent to flat out ask or infer it. I find it funny, I think I may have confused her because of my quizzical look. A well, as long as they don't start thinking they need to set me up because I could actually see that.

No comments: