Friday, February 29, 2008

Just rolling my eyes

Seriously what goes through Special K's head. Not much I am going to assume. A while back she left a class unattended for the entire period and today she did it again. This time I wasn't even suppose to be in the room so a fall back of me taking care of things wasn't really an option. I don't know what her problem is I mean I would never dream of just taking off like that. There have been times that I have run an errand or have a meeting and know that I would be a minute late but I have always told Special K this. I find this level of irresponsibility baffling. So I just sent an email off to the VP and let her know.

On another note. I had a student out for the first 4 weeks of the semester and asked the other VP where said student was. The gist was "He will be gone til *insert date* and that is all you need to know." Great what do I do for make up work and the like? All that aside the kid comes back and today I hear him telling classmates he was in rehab. That wasn't shocking it actually explained quite a bit. But as a teacher I would have liked to have gotten the heads up. Especially since this child is involved with activities where we leave campus. I don't know the legal ramifications of that but still I think it would have been good for those of us who spend copious amounts of time with him to know and be aware. Not that I will follow him everywhere he goes of root through his bags but if I see behavior like before I will know I should give someone a heads up because the problem may have return.


But what the hell do I know?

No comments: