Wednesday, July 16, 2008

But I don't want to date 22 year olds

or 52 year olds.

For as narrow as my age gap is the wider the age gap in people interested in me. I swear I would love to date a man with in 3-5 years of my own age. But the only men that seem interested in me are either in their early 20's or their late 40's early 50's. I think the younger guys are looking for sugar daddies which I am not one. and the older guys are looking for that special someone to take care of.

Look the deal is I am pretty independent. I am not looking for the perfect half to make a whole person. I don't need an older man to financially take care of me, really I would never want that. And I certainly do not want to take care of a twink. I can pay my bills but I am not looking to add onto them. A relationship is a partnership I am not going to be dependent nor a sole supporter. Where are the men of my age bracket. I'll tell you where they are, they are in couples and have been for years. I feel I missed a memo some where around 1998 that said "We are all pairing off, find the man with the corresponding number and set up house." This problem with the age differences is very much like my problem with men in general. The ones I have no interest in are drawn to me like buzzards on a gut wagon and the rest flee at the sight of me. Plus I have now talent for flirting and engaging men of interest. I can be witty and charming with just about anyone but those I fancy. Those men I fall down and drool on myself.

Man I love dating (insert eye roll here).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Twink?

Maestro said...

Young skinny looks like a child think me at age 20 with short spiky hair and no gotee.

Unknown said...

Ahh. I feel enlightened.

Aleea said...

I completely understand. The 50 year olds love me. The 25 year olds love me. I just want someone in their 30s - early 40s, you know, someone I can relate to with music, culture or movies. Picky me. ;)