Saturday, July 12, 2008

Movie Night

Well last night cured my boredom. We had been invited to the Trumps (a rather well off gay couple) for one of their movie nights. They have a large back yard and they show a movie on a large screen just beyond their pool. They also have pretty much an open bar set up as well. Honestly it's one thing to open your home like that to probably 200 people but then to offer up free booze on top of it. I had heard of the party but had never actually went to one before it was quite the experience. Though I didn't watch the movie I did enjoy myself. I think next time I should drink less. But lesson learned.

Seriously though, during pride the community had a discussion about the need for a community center. The big questions were what would it be, who would it serve and what would it do. I think last night was a fine example of what it could do. The Trumps in my mind this summer have been the gay community center. A lot of what I see the center potentially doing is what they have done. I am not saying a center should have a pool but damn it would be nice if it did.

No comments: