Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stress

I can't believe I actually got up when I did this morning. I was up at 7am. I am trying to train my body to get back to school hours. It really hit me last night how much stress that school puts on me. Since the first of June haven't been having problems sleeping but last night knowing that I was doing stuff for school and going in I just couldn't shut my mind off. I laid in bed thinking about what I needed to do the next day and the whole week and things I hadn't gotten to yet and I just started freaking out a bit. I realized what I was doing and just asked myself, "Is this what I did all last year?" (I didn't say it out loud because that would be crazy.) The answer sadly was, yes this is exactly what I did all last year. No wonder I didn't sleep well and when I did I would still wake up exhausted. I just get so stressed by school and Special K that I just push it all to the back of my head and when it has a moment to breathe it all comes bubbling back up and I can't shut it off. It is sad that I freak out when I know that when I close my eyes the next time I open them I will be met with another day of all of it again. I don't know what needs to be different but something does need to change. But really I have slept so well the past 30 days. even though I have over slept and gotten way off a routine sleep schedule I have felt better about myself and my health. Things to think about.

No comments: