Monday, July 21, 2008

Just five more minutes.

So today marked the end of Summer Break as I know it. Though I must say this was a far more relaxing summer then I have had since taking this job. Normally I spend 3-5 hours a day at school during the summer to do work and what not but this summer I said fuck it. I don't want to set foot on that campus. So I didn't, it was nice I really got a chance to decompress from the stress that place has put on me.

So yea I was back and did some work while the guard camp was going on. I would go up and help from time to time, but the instructor pretty much had it under control. Special K left pretty early on, which was fine because then I didn't have to share the office. So yea another school year. There are parts I am so looking forward to and parts I am not. I was sad to find out one of the few teachers I am friendly with quit. I understand why because last year was just hell for her. Mostly from our department chair, I don't know the whole story I only know my friends side but if even half of it is true it was pretty harsh. So I really don't blame her and am not surprised. But still sad to see her go.

In other news I finally interviewed for the conductor position with the big gay band. It went well and they asked me to audition. So now I need to find a piece myself and prep another piece being picked for me. So this will be fun.

And that is all the news that isn't.

No comments: