Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ch ch ch changes


So the new way of living and taking care of me has been wonderful. I really haven't felt this good in a long time. I am still not where I want to be but I am getting there. The flab isn't coming off like I would have wanted it to but I am gaining muscle. By no means am I a ripped stallion, eh but who knows under all the flab.

Another change in my life is on the financial side. I am finally in a better place. Again could I do better yes but for now I will be content with what I have. Being full time is nice and I am looking forward to this. Some remind me of this blog when 4 weeks from now I am cursing the existence of high schoolers and a certain band director best left nameless.

The one area I am still having trouble with is socially. I have great friends and many of them, most of whom do not live in this city let alone this state. I don't make friends at work because well lets face it, it's hard to get chummy when you are gay and teaching at a catholic school. People get that weird look like I am going to start molesting kids any second. So that's just not a pool to build a social network. Right now it feels like I have no common thread for all my friends here in town. In the past all my friends had a commonality like Band or Fraternity or whatever but now I really don't have that external entity bringing everyone together. It is amazing how something like that can have an effect on social networks. I don't know if I need something like that but I feel I do. Does this make sense to anyone else?

As my friend was saying last night, we like having all of our friends get along and it's hard when they don't. Because I have diverse interests I have diverse groups of friends and sometimes they don't blend as well.

I think it is funny that I had a small gathering on the 4th and had two distinct groups and they just didn't mesh. I was to say the least a bit disappointed. I was commenting on this and my friend Rod said "Who are you Charles do you have to have all your friends get along?" I hadn't thought about it but it was a very Charles thing of me to do and say. But yes I do want all my friends to get along is that so wrong??????

No comments: