Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Vengence is mine


A side from the fact the kid felt awful and I doubt any child will ever try to do something like that again I have another reason to feel vindicated. A little back story to catch all up. Last year I wrote the drill for the band and told Special K that if she didn't care for it that she didn't have to use me again. Just let me know. Fine whatever. So this year's band camp was coming up and she never talked to me about the show or writing it or anything. Again fine whatever. And when she hired someone else I didn't care that the person had been hired I just hate the fact I didn't even get a courtesy call saying no thanks. Then she told me he was coming to camp. I was like What are you fucking kidding me???? That was a nice slap in the face. This morning was the first time I was out there and saw this man, who by the way I have not been introduced to, doing more in fundamentals than I or the previous assistant ever have in our combined 9 years with the band. And then I came out to watch him teach drill which by the way he is awful at.

The real kicker came when the kids swarmed me to tell me how much they hate this guy and want him gone. Ding ding ding ding I am a winner. You have no idea how much that meant to me. I can be short with the kids when they get squirrelly and they know that but I also am nice to them and throw them a funny every once in a while and he didn't. Basically take my mean sarcastic remarks and actually mean them that was this guy. I swear I can tell the kids they are dead to me and they would laugh because they know I don't mean it. Does it make me small and petty to take this as a small victory in my "I told you so camp"? Maybe but I don't care.

No comments: