Saturday, July 21, 2007

This one is for you Amy... sorta

Ah Drill writing. I have been doing the past couple of days. I am never satisfied with my end result when I finish it but later I look back and I am not displeased. I was thinking that I had to have this done by friday, but when Amy called on Thursday and said no she would take it on Sunday, my first thought was great I can relax and change a few things. My change a few things became scrap the whole thing and start again. now I didn't throw away the others... yet. But I did start all over. Granted this is not a difficult of drill as I have done before. Since she is new band and they are very young kids (a lot of 7th and 8th graders) I thought I would keep it easy. The other "fun" thing is they are 25 on the field strong. This is up from the 13 on the field strong last year(I saw the dvd). Like all band kids everywhere I am sure they will be an eager and hard working group. I wanted to give them something attainable and nice to look at. I think I did it. I love writing drill but I am probably not very good at it. So anytime I get to work on that skill I am excited. No one teaches this really in college or anywhere you just kind of have to learn it by trial and error and thank you to those brave band directors who have let me try in the past.:)


I was going to explain about last night but I will save that for yet another posting.

No comments: