Monday, July 16, 2007

I love the gym

I really only enjoy going to the gym when no one is there. I need to get over that if I am going to keep this up once school starts. The few times I do go when it is busier I have found myself hating people. Not really hating just annoyed. I hate when people take the cleaning bottles from the racks and keep it with them. It's unavoidable the other day there were none left on the rack 3 people were toting them around blithely unaware that others may want to use them too.
Another fun example was the guy who sat on a machine and carried on a 20 minute conversation with a YMCA employee. It didn't help that I was eventually going to want to use it myself. I have a routine when I go. I have all the machines I want to use that day in mind. Now I can change the order around somewhat. But I was coming to the end of my work out and he was still there. Ikept moving closer and closer and glaring at them. Finally she walked away and he used it and then left but really I spend a good 40 minutes in the gym and they were talking when I got there so really it could have been longer that 20.
I like to get on a machine use it and move on. Some people just sit there for 5 minutes do a set, sit there for another 5 minutes and do another set.... basically taking 20 minutes to use one machine. I see this as highly inefficiant. Of couse I am using my strength training as cardio to by moving quickly between exercises and keeping my heart rate up, but that is just me.
Over all I do like my gym it's within walking distance and the people that work there are generally very nice. Now we will see how well I keep up with this when I don't have all day to go to the gym.

No comments: