Saturday, July 14, 2007

Netflix


As many of you know I don't have cable and while I don't watch much tv but I do enjoy throwing in a DVD and watching a movie from time to time. Ok like all the time. So I have been using netflix to pick up movies or tv shows I haven't seen but had a mild interest. Or in some cases a morbid curiousity. So I have a very long list and some are good and quite a few have been bad but hey it was cheaper than seeing them in the movie theater. The last two movies I recieved I have very mixed feelings about. The first was "Heavenly Creatures" It was a Peter Jackson (of Lord of the Rings) film and Kate Wisletts first film role. If I liked girls I would totally be in love with Kate. The roles she picks have been great and she has done a fantastic job every single time. This was no exception and the fact she was probably 17 or 18 at the time she had great maturity in her acting for her age. The film was superb however the story was based on a true story and it was fucked up.

The next film was "Wit". Oh my god I love Emma Thompson. She is yet another actress I would love to be friends with. Actually just be around. I have a feeling she would make me feel stupid all the time but I love those types of people. This movie was incrediblly moving and painful at the end. Also in it was Audra McDonald who is one of the most gifted voices of our generation. It was really funny 'cause I didn't figure out that is who she was till the fianl credits rolled but during the film they played a piece by Henryk Gorecki that she had sung on a recording I own. I even said out loud to myself "That's Gorecki and it's Audra McDonald singing" I am such a dork but hey if you are reading this you knew that. Anyway great film highly recommend but not if you are already depressed just gonna make it worse.

And for full disclosure the last movie I saw off netflix was "Ultimate Avengers 2". Yes a cartoon about Marvel superheros. Huge nerd. But I believe in a well rounded education.

No comments: