Friday, January 4, 2008

Gym 1, My fat ass 2

As the new year has started I am mentally keeping track of how many days I spend at the gym verses not. So far and I am not counting New Years day because really who works out then? People who are not hung over that's who, and those people are not me. So of the 3 days of the new year left to me I have finally pried myself off the couch and went today. I am very glad I did some new hotties at the gym. And yes some old familiar things that just drive me crazy.

In the winter I don't go as much but from April till October I was pretty much going daily. So I can say that I am right in saying there are these two guys that show up like once a month or so. That is not the irritating part, they are built like me I would never say I am muscular and I would never say they are either but when they get on the machines and load it to the highest weight I have to think that's gotta hurt in the morning. I am no fitness expert but I have to think that when you have the machine for bicep curls set to oh let's say 150lbs and pull your whole body up off the seat and strain so much that you face is red and veins are visable that can't be good. Again I am no expert. They do one rep and then sit on the machine and gab for 10 minutes or so do one more rep at that weight, blow and o ring and then move on to something else.


Now I hate when people just occupy a piece of equipment and then never use but 5 seconds. I am fine if you are actually using it, but when you sit and just chat it up I have a problem. So what pissed me off more was when I was on a machine and those two actually stood and hovered over me while I was working out not once but twice. At most between sets I just rest for about 30 seconds so it's not like I am wasting time. The second time the hovering happened I had enough so I just took my time. During my loitering one of them left the gym area and when I got up the other one swooped in and stood over it, not to use but he was saving it for his friend. I know this because 5 minutes later his friend came back in and got on the machine. What the fuck ever. The up shot is that I won't see them again for a month or two.

No comments: