Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why not everyone has.

Let's talk about the weather last Tuesday night. For me personally I don't give a shit about if the weather gets bad. After living in the middle of nowhere and being trapped in the house with your family for several days because the Ice Storm has sealed you in, all other storms mean nothing to me.

When the sirens went off I was in the middle of BGB rehearsal. I heard them I figured, "We are in a basement as long as the lights don't go out we are golden." Of course everyone freaked. People were running up to look outside, calling people, pulling up the radar on their cell phones. I on the other hand kept play. I felt like the musicians on the Titanic, as everyone ran around in histarics I just kept playing. Severe weather doesn't bother me. What does bother me is people freaking out for no reason. Which brings me to the next thing that happened that night.

The sirens stopped and people came back in and we continued playing. The storm had passed but more was on it's way. In the form of a bat that had gotten loose in the rehearsal area. It just wanted in fom the storm could you blame it? It apparently had been flying around for sometime till the giant black man squealed like a little girl. I mean come on we are gay but do we need to be that gay. I think my favorite were the guys who got up like they were going to catch it. They would start walking toward the area it was flying in and then it changed course and moved closer to them and they turned, screamed, and ran back the oppistite direction. Unless an animal is in a stance of protecting itself or attacking chances are it will leave you alone. If it doesn't in probably means it was scared and accidently ran into you and is just as freaked out as you. So running around with a flag in your hand trying to capture it (btw that plan would have worked if you could have brought yourself to go within 30 feet of the animal.) was not helping the situation. I am sure the thoughts running through the bats mind were. "Damnit I thought it was a mating call but it was just a piccolo." and "Damnit homos." After that fiasco the evening was pretty much done. We were not going to get through any more music that night.

I swear I am still rolling my eyes at that one.

Sidebar Speacial K stop talking to me. I am trying to blog here.

No comments: