Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I love destroying New York

That should be the mantra of the film industry this year. This last weekend I went to see "Cloverfield". It was very good I completely enjoyed it, though there were moments where I had to close my eyes and refocus on the scene. It was shot much like the Blair Witch with a hand held and it was very shaky. I don't get motion sickness but damn.

But really poor New York, after watching "I Am Legend" a few weeks earlier I never want to live there bad stuff happens. If it's not a plague either killing you or turning you into a vampire like creature it's a raging 50 story monster playing kickball with the head of the Statue of Liberty. It's terrible what New Yorkers have to go through. It so often in Movies New York getting the shaft. "Independence Day" Aliens took one of their first shots there. "Spiderman" tore it up plenty. I am telling you I am glad I live in Indianapolis. No one is going blow up the RCA Dome... well not yet anyway. Aliens, monsters, bad guys, plagues, Mothra, are all going to step over us on their way to Chicago. We will all be watching WGN and have plenty of time to evacuate before those things hit us. They are always going to go for the big 3 New York, LA, and Chicago/DC (it's a toss up on those two) well before they get to us. Now I am actually fine with clearing out LA. But yea Indy we are so far down the list we have plenty of time to make it to Canada, no one is going to bother with Canada haven't they suffered enough.

No comments: