Friday, January 25, 2008

Budgets, Budgets, Budgets

Here is a question for the general populous.

I have worked in several places and I have always found the business office to be the most anal retentive, on top of things, pain in my ass because of it departments. I mean you really have to be to do that kind of job. I am actually grateful they are that way. It keeps me honest and on task when it comes to financial issues involving my job. Now with all this in mind I am terribly frustrated with my current business office. They sent a reminder to have budgets to them and asked a very simple question. I asked if I could separate out the orchestra budget from the rest of the instrumental budget. Special K has a tendency to spend, spend, spend without regard for whether she is in her budget or not. So if mine was completely separate it would be great then I wouldn't have to worry about her spending money for my classes.


*Sidebar* Special K is telling her class to sit tight because she has to catch up on her grading from last Friday!!!???!?!?!?!? Are you kidding me. The rest of us can't do that why are you. Ridiculous I say. *end of sidebar*

So I sent the email like 3 weeks ago and got zero reply. I have also been asking since November to get an expenditure sheet to me for this fiscal year. I got zero reply. She sent a terse email from her yesterday demanding the budget. I replied that I needed to know what to do with splitting or not splitting before I can send it. I got zero reply. So today I sent A full music budget with both band and orchestra, a band budget, and an orchestra budget. I got one reply. Basically it said WTF? I calmly responded back what it all meant and just to tell me which one(s) I need to use come July 1st. This is the most disorganized business office I have ever worked with in my life.

Am I wrong in thinking this is odd for a business office? Of course this is the same business office that has allowed Special K to go over her budget by thousands of dollars for years, so I really shouldn't expect much.

No comments: