Thursday, January 17, 2008

You like me you really like me.

The band is going to Ireland in March, yea!!!!!

We had our bus sign up posted today. Special K put us on two separate buses. As soon as she put our names on the list I knew that the senior class would all sign up for my bus. Understand I adore the senior class. They hold a special place in my heart because they were freshmen when I started so we have traversed this school together. Aside from that this is one of the most talented class of musicians I have ever seen at this school. They are also just really wonderful kids. So having them choose me over Special K really warmed my heart. As the landslide victory started K and I were standing there and she says "They are all signing up for your bus?" My reply "Well yea they like me better." I said it jokingly but not really. The senior girl writing at the time looked at me and shook her head like yea actually we do. Of course Special couldn't see that, but it made me feel good. And it's not because I act like a push over parent and let them get away with anything. Not because I cave to every whim they have, whether it is good or bad. But because I know what will make them better and I expect it from them. They know just because I am disappointed in behavior and I punish from time to time that doesn't mean I hate them. They know I am here to help them be better musicians. Not all of them get that and appreciate that but most of the seniors do and that is why I love them.

And I win. :P

No comments: