Thursday, August 7, 2008

Grossly under estimating heat exhaustion.

Ok yes I know I shouldn't have agreed to do the camp this week because I am beyond dead on my feet. Even though I am sitting down right now. I love my friend to death and would do anything to help her out but I think I will take a pass on a second band camp next year. The extra money will be nice but really I could use the rest more.

So another school year is upon me and I think I am ready for it. There are a few things I am not looking forward to but over all I am up for it.

Chicago tomorrow and I am just looking forward to getting out of town and it not being around a bunch of teenage band geeks. Just middle aged gay former band geeks lol. Yes I find it funny that so many of my friends end up being former high school band members. I am sure it has something to do with birds of a feather.

Yes I am tired and foolishly I made plans for tonight but am very much looking forward to it. Now I am not a fan of Musicals but there are exceptions to that and Hedwig and the Angry Inch is one of them. I heard about this before it made it to the big screen in 2000 when I went to The American Musicological Associations convention in Toronto and went to the Gay and Lesbian sessions and one was on Hedwig. After that I read an article about in Rolling Stone Magazine. A few years later it made it's way to the big screen. A great story about a young gay man who had a sex change operation to get out of East Berlin with his GI boyfriend. Of course it was a botched operation hence the angry inch and his bf left him in Junction Kansas and that is when it starts going down hill for Hedwig. If you haven't seen it you should. It was a brilliant film and totally underrated. It so didn't get the recognition that it deserved.

Anyway I am going with my friend Holly and FN super excited.

I should probably get ready for that.

No comments: