Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So very tired

So what does one person need to recover from a week of band camp? More Band Camp! So foolishly I agreed to help a friend with her band camp this week. I am actually very happy to do so. I am just not sure I am being very effective. I am still so very wiped from last week. Normally I wouldn't be this bad but I did a lot more podium time last week then I normally do. This week is thankfully not an overnight camp I can actually go home to a real bed at the end of the day. So that is nice. The kids at this camp are doing a great job, they are a band that is growing and developing. At this point in time it is still 7-12 grade. Most bands just do 9-12, it's just cruel to put those young kids through this. Freshmen are awkward enough in their own bodies, you should see a 7th grader trying to march and play at the same time. My friend would like to phase out the middle schoolers over time but if she did it now she would have 10 kids in her band. They really have come a long way since last years band.

So tonight was my audition for the big gay band. Here is my complaint and I will only say this once. I sent my resume in before the deadline, and yet this last week they have received another resume and a verbal interest in the position. They are going to interview the new resume and who knows what with the verbal. Here is my thing the deadline was the 30th of May. If I were not the one up for the audition I think I would be a little more vocal about it because this just seems weird to do that. The deadline is a deadline do it or don't this last minute stuff is crazy but whatever. This is the last I will say of that.

Hopefully I will get back on here before heading to Chicago this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing my ex and hanging out with the boys for Market days.

Ugh 6am will come too soon.

No comments: