Friday, August 8, 2008

The return of Jack to my life.

So last night in the midst of needing to do lots of things before heading to Chicago this weekend I decided to go see Hedwig and the Angry Inch with some friends. I wasn't planning on going out after but I did. I went over to the Metro and ended up hanging out with two friends from High school who had also been at the movie. These two where in the grades behind me but they were always good times. In general I didn't mind the people in my class and there are about a handful that I would like to keep steadier conversations with but that is not enough to make me want to go to class reunions. I went to the 5th and got plastered and didn't go to the 10th and I am not really planning to make it to the 15th next summer. Dear god that was a long time ago.

Anyway back to my story. I am sitting there at the metro and they are doing Karaoke last night and sometimes after singers the host likes to offer shots to those who scream and cheer the loudest. Last night he just said over the mic "Who wants a shot?" and no body said anything so I raised my hand and Yoplait calls me by name to come up to get a shot. I didn't think to much about it but a little later my friend Holly asked if I came here a lot. Then I thought about the fact that the bartender, girl at the door checking IDs and the host of karaoke all knew my name. So yea I guess I go there a lot.

FN and Romeo also were there though I actually never caught back up with them. I spent most of the night hanging with my old friends and some new ones. Yes the acquaintances that I talked about that had their 3rd anniversary were out last night and we ended up chatting and hanging out. Like I said before I really like this couple and would like to become friends with them. It was the first conversation that I actually had with them. It wasn't just idle bar chit chat, so that was nice and refreshing. Maybe it was the 3... wait 4 jack and cokes I had but I had a good time. So by 1:30 am on a Thursday night I stumbled home and went to bed. I got an hour ago and am finishing my laundry before we head to Chicago for market day. Good time. I am sure we will have plenty of stories when we get back.

No comments: