Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Unexpected evening.

So my friend S texts me on Sunday asking to crash at my place Monday and she would explain when she got here. I figured something had gone awry with her family and could no longer stay with them. I was a good guess but no. It had to do with an old friend of hers and the condition of the home. Let's just say I will never feel bad about the way I keep house. I was happy to house her anytime. I had decided to keep things simple and take her to Bazbauex a pizza place downtown and so very good. When she got her she told me that she had pizza the night before I suggested another place I had been trying to get to since it opened last January. It was still very early so I suggested seeing the Library. The library had just reopened after a lengthy and expensive expansion. I love the new library and was a good choice because we ended up getting a couple of books and sitting down with some tea and reading and chatting. I was such a great way to spend my evening. It started getting late and we decided to go to a place near by, the Elbow Room. Usually the service is bad and the food very good. Well the service was great and the food good, except about 20 minutes after we ate we stopped for some tums and I had to use the facilities. After relieved ourselves we walked back to my apartment.

This is where the story get fun. As we approached the front door of the building my new neighbor, scratch that my new hot neighbor was approaching with an arm load of things. I said to wait and I would get the doors and then we help him carry up some of his things. I even got a glimpse into his apartment. Nicely decorated so maybe if I work it I could see more of it if you know what I mean. I also got his name.

Anyway we get back and it is pretty late and we stay up talking. She headed out with me this morning. It was so pleasant and unexpected. I love when shit like that happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please clarify...I don't know what you mean